Crunchy, meaty and cheesy. This Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap will satisfy your Mexican food cravings while keeping you on track towards your weight loss goals.
If you’re on a diet, you can still enjoy tacos on Tuesday with our healthy taco wrap! In our diet-friendly take on this Mexican classic, ground turkey takes the stage as the protein, while reduced fat sour cream and Mexican cheese add creaminess. A crunchy tostada creates a surprise texture in the center of the wrap. This terrific taco is sure to please everyone in your family!
This Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap was inspired by the infamous Crunchwrap Supreme® at Taco Bell. While this fast-food favorite doesn’t technically fit into your weight loss plans when you order it at the drive-thru, you can rest assured that our homemade version does! The Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme® contains 530 calories.* Our perfectly-portioned Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap clocks in at just 235 calories. What a weight loss win!
To make this crunchy creation, cook your ground turkey meat in a skillet at medium-high heat until it is fully cooked. Season the meat with cumin, garlic and chili powder. Assemble your taco wrap by laying a whole wheat tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon the taco meat into the center, then top with a crunchy tostada shell. Spread sour cream on the shell and top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Fold your wrap by taking the bottom of the tortilla and folding the edge up to the center of the filling. Continue wrapping around the tortilla. Place your wrap in a skillet prepped with cooking spray. Cook it on medium heat for two to three minutes per side, or until it’s golden brown. Serve immediately with fresh salsa and cilantro.
One serving of this Crunchy Turkey Taco Wrap is 235 calories and count as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to pile on more non-starchy veggies if you would like to count it towards your daily vegetable servings. Onions, bell peppers and cilantro would perfect additions. While your crunching on your taco wrap, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! NuMi is designed to complement your Nutrisystem program and is great for keeping track of your meals and weight loss. Sign up for your free account today >
Looking for more healthy taco recipes? Check these out:
- Cajun Zesty Fish Tacos >
- Chicken Taco Pinwheel Wraps >
- Tofu Taco Bowl >
- Tropical Shrimp Taco Bowl >
- Mini Chicken Taco Salad Bowls >
If you want to lose weight enjoying healthy meals and snacks, get started with Nutrisystem! Learn more about our programs here>
*Information taken from company website on 10/5/2021.
Calories per Serving: 235
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 3 oz. lean ground turkey, raw
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tostada
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
- 1/8 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/8 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, reduced fat
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and simmer until it is fully cooked.
- Season ground turkey with cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- To assemble wrap by laying tortilla on a flat surface. Place taco meat in the center and top with the tostada shell. Spread sour cream on tostada shell and top with lettuce, tomato and Mexican cheese.
- Fold wrap by starting at the bottom of the tortilla. Fold the edge up to the center of the filling. Continue with the rest of the tortilla.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place wrap seam-side down, on the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.