The Best Healthy Zucchini Bread RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides, Snacks
With a few simple ingredient swaps and a whole lot of delicious flavor, this warm, soft and Nutrisystem-approved healthy Zucchini Bread recipe is the ultimate weight loss win. Whip this homemade bread up in just six simple steps and bite into a slice of cinnamon bliss.
Made with whole wheat flour at its base, this healthy zucchini bread is filled with simple ingredients you most likely have in your kitchen already! It’s definitely the best zucchini bread recipe for your weight loss plan.
Ready to get started? Grab a 9 x 5 bread pan and mist it with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until all ingredients are fully combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together a chia egg (see recipe below), applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and grated zucchini. Fold the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then pour the zucchini bread batter into the pan. Bake it for just 50 to 60 minutes. For the perfect loaf of bread, stick a toothpick in the middle of the bread to determine if the bread is fully baked. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy this soft, pastry-like creation!
Filled with bursts of flavor from cinnamon and nutmeg, this zucchini bread is the perfect treat on your Nutrisystem meal plan. One slice of this zucchini bread counts as one serving—be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you aren’t overindulging! Consistently logging your daily intake can increase your weight loss results.
If bread is your go-to guilty pleasure, we’ve got plenty of guilt-free recipes for you to try! Now that you know how to make zucchini bread, try out banana bread, cornbread and gingerbread. Check out a few of our favorite healthy bread recipes below:
- Gluten Free Banana Bread >
- Gluten Free Maple Cornbread >
- Irish Soda Bread >
- Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Servings: 12 slices (1 slice counts as serving)
Calories per Serving: 114
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp. chia seeds + 2.5 Tbsp. water)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (packed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chia egg, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and grated zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together with a spatula until combined.
- Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully remove zucchini bread from a loaf pan and let it cool off completely before slicing with sharp serrated knife.