Take your healthy cooking to the next level with this super tasty alternative to fried chicken. Baked, skinless & boneless chicken breasts make this a protein powerhouse. The quinoa crust is low in fat, high in fiber and adds crispy, crunchy texture.
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (plus more for serving)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 300 degrees. Spread the quinoa on a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a bowl, breaking up any clumps. Discard the parchment; reserve the baking sheet.
- Increase the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mustard and thyme; season with pepper. Mix with a rubber spatula to coat. Place a rack on the reserved baking sheet. Dip the chicken in the quinoa, coating well on both sides, then place on the rack.
- Spritz the chicken with cooking spray; bake until just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: Two PowerFuels and half of a SmartCarb