You say, “salted caramel,” we say, “Go for it!” Not necessarily the expected response from the weight loss people, right? Well, Salted Caramel “Nice” Cream makes it possible to simply indulge in dessert and drop the muffin top at the same time! Frozen banana and almond milk tag team this healthy ice cream recipe for the win in a cream-free, ice cream alternative.
This freezer-friendly treat takes it up a notch (or like four) with sugar-free caramel sauce and chocolate chips. Greek yogurt is a sneaky way to amp up the protein and make this one all the more satisfying. Just sub the Salted Caramel “Nice” Cream for the probably much less exciting SmartCarb and two Extras you’d otherwise eat. While you’re enjoying your healthy ice cream, make sure to log it in the NuMi app >
Calories per Serving: 178
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 1 banana, frozen and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. sugar-free caramel sauce, divided
- 1 tsp. mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt and one half of the caramel sauce to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Puree until thick and creamy, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Scoop into bowl and top with remaining caramel sauce, chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Serve immediately.