Healthy Yellow Squash Tater TotsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Squash your hunger with these Healthy Yellow Squash Tater Tots! We’re swapping out classic white potatoes with a seasonal non-starchy veggie that’s perfect for summertime snacks. If you’re craving fast food tater tots but don’t want to sabotage your weight loss, this veggielicious recipe is for you!
Whipping up these yellow squash tots is super easy. You’ll first need to grate yellow squash to use as the base of your tater tots. Using a cheesecloth, squeeze the extra moisture out of the squash. Place it into a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients. These include eggs, breadcrumbs, reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese and a medley of spices (we love a simple combination of garlic powder, onion powder and dried parsley!).
Mix the ingredients together until they are combined, then form small tots with your hand. Now you get to choose whether you cook your Yellow Squash Tater tots in the oven or in the air fryer!
If you choose the oven, you’ll bake them on a greased baking sheet for about 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven. If you have an air fryer, simply spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and cook them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Let the tots cool for five minutes after removing them from the oven or air fryer.
Serve up your tater tots with a delicious dipping sauce! Reach for ketchup or mustard if you like to keep things simple. Even better, whip up an easy, creamy aioli dip with a little light mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Add some red pepper flakes for a little extra heat! Refer to the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide for serving sizes, counts as information and other add-in ideas.
This Healthy Yellow Squash Tater Tots recipe makes six servings. One serving contains 152 calories. If you’re losing weight with the Nutrisystem plan, you can log it as one PowerFuel, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving in your NuMi app food journal.
If you loved this healthy snack, be sure to try out our other tasty tater tot recipes below:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tater Tots >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots with Honey Mustard Sauce >
- Homemade Air Fryer Veggie Tots >
Enjoy losing weight with healthy, portion-controlled meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 152
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, ½ Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 3 yellow squash, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- Place grated squash in a cheesecloth and squeeze out all the extra liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form small tots with hands.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tater tots onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Place tater tots into a greased air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.