Hot Mango Pepper Jelly RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides, Snacks
Spice up your meals and snacks with a hot pepper jelly recipe that’s packed with sweet and spicy flavor! Featuring fruity mangos, sweet bell peppers and zesty red pepper flakes, this unique condiment is perfect for your seasonal summer menu.
The best part about this hot pepper jelly recipe is that it’s super easy to make! No complicated steps or weird ingredients. Get started by chopping up mangos and red bell peppers. Throw them into a saucepan with some honey, water, chia seeds and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes. Finally, let the mixture cool and refrigerate prior to serving. That’s it! You have 12 tasty servings of hot pepper mango jelly to enjoy on your favorite foods.
Not sure what to eat with your Hot Mango Pepper Jelly? The possibilities are endless! Check out some creative ideas below:
- Spread it on toast or your Nutrisystem Honey Wheat Bagel.
- Try it with some whole wheat crackers.
- Drizzle hot pepper jelly over your Nutrisystem Buttermilk Waffles or Homestyle Pancakes.
- Use it as a topping over low-fat Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Enjoy it on a sandwich, such as your Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich or Classic Hamburger.
- Use it to glaze chicken or as a sweet and spicy topping for beef or pork.
- Drizzle it over vegetables or make it into a salad dressing with a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Healthy Hacks: Not a fan of mangos? Swap them out with peaches, apricots or pineapple for a seasonal spread that’s just as delicious.
You can enjoy two tablespoons of this hot and spicy pepper jelly as one satisfying serving. This contains 39 calories and counts as one Extra on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. You are allotted three Extra per day, so it’ important to keep track of them for the best results. Use the NuMi app to stay organized throughout your journey to health and wellness! Click here to log this recipe in NuMi. >
Chia jam recipes are a great way to add some extra fiber and flavor into your healthy menu. Try out these other tasty chia jam recipe below:
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious food delivered directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Servings: 12 (1 serving = ~2 Tbsp.)
Calories per Serving: 39
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Extra
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to thicken. Refrigerate prior to serving.