Get out your Instant Pot to whip up this delicious Instant Pot Breakfast Cereal recipe that’s filled with maple flavor and will give you the energy you need to get through the day. Don’t have an Instant Pot? You need to get one ASAP! They’re a convenient and popular kitchen tool that makes your favorite breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks in a pinch.
Instant Pots are all the craze, and this recipe is one of our favorites! To make this Instant Pot Breakfast Cereal, simply add cooked quinoa, steel cut oats, vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, diced apples, vanilla extract and maple syrup to the instant pot. Select the “rice” setting to cook on low pressure and adjust the cooking time to just 12 minutes. When the cooking time is complete, be sure to use the “quick release” button to release the pressure before removing the lid. Fluff the cereal into an oatmeal-like consistency and distribute evenly into five separate bowls. Top each bowl with chopped almonds and vanilla almond milk, and enjoy with the family for a healthy start to your day!
Each bowl of this Breakfast Cereal clocks in at 227 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Remember to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so get logging!
Check out a few more of our diet-friendly instant pot recipes below:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Instant Pot Tomato Basil Frittata >
- Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 5 (1 serving = 1 cup)
Calories per Serving: 227
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the Instant Pot and stir thoroughly to combine. Seal lid with the vent in the closed position.
- Select “rice” setting, select “low pressure” and change cooking time to 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds, use the "quick release" to release pressure from the Instant Pot before carefully removing lid.
- Fluff the cereal mixture and spoon into bowls. Serve hot, topped with almonds and additional almond milk if desired.