Instant Pot Rotisserie ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Rotisserie chicken is something of an American staple. And thanks to this awesome Rotisserie Chicken recipe, you no longer have to buy the store-bought variety that’s been drying up under a warmer for hours on end.
This Rotisserie chicken recipe incorporates a variety of spices and seasonings to kick up the flavor, including black pepper, onion powder, paprika, dried herbs and low sodium chicken stock, and uses an Instant Pot to achieve the perfectly tender texture we all crave. Not familiar with Instant Pots? They’re basically super handy kitchen tools that combine the functionality of a pressure cooker, a saute-er, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker and a food warmer, all in one relatively small appliance.
We’ve used ours to come up with an amazing Pasta e Fagioli Soup recipe (click here to get it >), an Instant Pot Tomato Basil Frittata (click here to get it >), and even an Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake (click here… you know you want to! >).
Whichever recipe you decide to make with your Instant Pot, make sure to log it in NuMi, our FREE tracking app. NuMi makes it easy to stay on track toward your weight loss goals. You can log all of your meals, drinks, activity and weight. Plus, it’s jam-packed with weight loss tips, tricks and recipes. Learn more about the benefits of downloading NuMi right here >
In NuMi, this delicious Rotisserie Chicken recipe will count as just one PowerFuel. So you can enjoy it on it’s own as a snack or side to any Nutrisystem meal. Or, you can pair it with your favorite SmartCarb to create a Flex Meal. Confused about SmartCarbs? We’ve got you covered here > Need a refresher on Flex Meals? Check out this helpful article >
Servings: Depends on size of chicken, 2 oz. cooked chicken counts as one serving
Calories per Serving: 116
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- Turn on your Instant Pot to “sauté” and let preheat.
- Remove giblets from the chicken (if present).
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Add oil to spices and stir.
- Rub oil and spice mixture on the breast side of the chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in the Instant Pot.
- Rub the other side of the chicken with the oil and spice mixture.
- Allow breast side to crisp up for a few minutes- about 4-5 minutes. Carefully flip chicken over to other side and let it crisp up.
- Lift the chicken and add the trivet in the pot. Then place the chicken, breast side up, on the trivet.
- Add in the chicken stock.
- Place the lid on, lock it, and close the valve.
- Set “manual” pressure for 25 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally (~15 minutes).
- Remove the lid and serve. Spoon or brush the cooking liquid over the top.