Losing weight, doesn’t mean you need to nix the beef: This slimmed-down Beef Cacciatore recipe puts the spotlight on a dark meat delicacy dieters often avoid!
It adds sweet bell peppers, vitamin-D-containing mushrooms and snap peas for a fun, savory dinner anyone could have room in their heart (and stomachs) for. Garlic, onion and tomato just elevate the flavor profile. So, if you want a meal that satisfies, your answer is just about 35 minutes away.
The Beef Cacciatore offers up a SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, two Vegetables and two Extras all under 500 calories! So, make it a flex dinner. Log it in the NuMi app here >
Need more help with flex meals? Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 448
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 2 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. lean beef, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup snap peas
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat orzo, cooked
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet
- Add the beef and sauté both sides until it’s brown.
- Remove the beef and set it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, adding pepper, onion, mushrooms, snap peas, tomatoes and garlic to the skillet. Sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Return the beef to skillet and add the tomato paste and basil.
- Cover, lower the heat and simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine with the orzo.