Start your day off with almost 20 grams of protein and a whole lot of deliciousness. This Peanut Butter and Jelly Power Bowl combines the sweet and savory taste of peanut butter with strawberries to turn a classic lunchtime favorite into a breakfast bowl full of flavor.
Kickoff your morning with a few simple ingredients and a whole lot of nutritional value. Whip up this Peanut Butter and Jelly Bowl for those on-the-go mornings. Create a homemade strawberry jam by cooking strawberries on the stove top and mashing in lemon juice and chia seeds. Soften peanut butter until it’s formed a liquid consistency and begin putting your Power Bowl together! In four bowls, evenly distribute Greek yogurt, cooked steel cut oats, peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam. This breakfast bowl is certain to become a household favorite!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each Peanut Butter and Jelly Power Bowl counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras. Clocking in at just 282 calories per serving, this recipe is a dieter’s dream. Be sure to log this, along with all of your daily food intake, in the NuMi app to optimize weight loss. Consistently keeping track of your food and drink each day can increase your weight loss results. Learn all about keeping track of your daily intake in our easy-to-use NuMi app by checking out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Power Bowls are a delicious way to pack in the protein and healthy ingredients. Breakfast, lunch and dinner—we’ve got a Power Bowl recipe for every occasion. Check a few more Power Bowl recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 282
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- To make the steel cut oats, place water and milk in a pot and bring to a boil. Add in oats and stir to incorporate. Cover the pot and turn heat to low and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Oats should become creamy.
- In the meantime, make the strawberry jam by placing the strawberries in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once strawberries are warmed throughout and releasing their juices, lightly mash with a fork. Add in lemon juice and chia seeds. Turn off heat and set aside to thicken.
- Soften the peanut butter to a more liquid consistency by placing in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- In each bowl, add in ½ cup yogurt, 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter, ¼ cup oats and ½ cup strawberry jam.