Power bowls are all the craze, and we’ve got a Veggie Power Bowl recipe you’re going to love for meatless Mondays. With juicy, delicious veggies combined with hearty hummus and pumpkin seeds, this Power Bowl recipe is a go-to meal for on-the-go days and hectic schedules.
Not only is this Veggie Power Bowl delicious, it’s also super simple to make. Heat up your oven and bake butternut squash for about 30 minutes. Add in the onions and bell pepper and pop back in the oven for another 20-30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, toss arugula, olive oil and lemon pepper. Begin building your Veggie Power Bowl by creating a base with the arugula. Top the arugula with the cooked butternut squash, onion, bell peppers, pumpkin seeds and hummus.
This meatless meal is filled with vitamins from the nutritious ingredients, and it fills you up with fiber. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, this hearty Veggie Power Bowl counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, two Vegetables and two Extras. Each serving of this Power Bowl clocks in at 302 calories and should be logged in the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. Not familiar with the NuMi app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App to learn all about using our handy food tracker app.
If you’re looking for a few more recipes to add to your meatless Mondays, we’ve got you covered with our veggie-filled favorites. Check out a list of top veggie recipes below:
- Mexican Zucchini Boats >
- Mega Beet Burger >
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich >
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad >
- Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Soup >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 302
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 2 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- ¼ cup butternut squash, diced into about 1” cubes
- ¼ red onion, sliced into thick wedges
- ¾ cup bell peppers, roughly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Cook for 30 minutes.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, add the onion and bell peppers. Spray again with cooking spray. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl. Add arugula, olive oil and lemon pepper. Toss till well incorporated.
- Add arugula to a bowl. Top with quinoa, butternut squash, onion, bell peppers, pumpkin seeds and hummus.