Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Asparagus and RiceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
You’ll feel like you’re at your favorite fancy restaurant when you sink your teeth into this delicious dish, which features pistachio crusted salmon and perfectly tender asparagus atop a bed of healthy and hearty brown rice.
This mouthwatering meal counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable on Nutrisystem, making it a fabulous Flex dinner choice. Feel free to add in additional unlimited veggies if you’d like. After all, you’re the chef! You can also double the recipe if you’re cooking for two.
Calories per Serving: 340
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1, 3-oz. piece of salmon filet
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped finely
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup (about 5 stalks) asparagus
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place salmon, skin side down on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salmon with pepper.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard and lemon juice and spread on top of salmon
- Gently press pistachios into mustard spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice.
- In skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Remove white ends at base of asparagus.
- Add asparagus and sauté, stirring frequently until tender and crisp.
- Season with pepper.