Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Asparagus and RiceRecipe posted in: Lunches & Dinners
You’ll feel like you’re at your favorite fancy restaurant when you sink your teeth into this delicious dish, which features pistachio crusted salmon and perfectly tender asparagus atop a bed of healthy and hearty brown rice.
This mouthwatering meal counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable on Nutrisystem, making it a fabulous Flex dinner choice. Feel free to add in additional unlimited veggies if you’d like. After all, you’re the chef! Keep track of this recipe in the NuMi app >
Servings: Makes 1 serving
Calories per Serving: 340
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1, 3-oz piece of salmon filet
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped finely
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup (about 5 stalks) asparagus
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place salmon, skin side down on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salmon with pepper.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard and lemon juice and spread on top of salmon
- Gently press pistachios into mustard spread.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice.
- In skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Remove white ends at base of asparagus.
- Add asparagus and sauté, stirring frequently until tender and crisp.
- Season with pepper.