Savory Herb Muffins are the on-the-go breakfast you never knew your healthy diet needed. Ditch the drive-thru and make a dozen of these muffins so you have a hearty and diet-approved breakfast that you can grab on your way out the door.
The best part about these Savory Herb Muffins? You can whip them up in three simple steps. Simply line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners and mist each liner with nonstick cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine wheat pastry flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, thyme and sage. In a separate bowl, mix sweet potato, Greek yogurt, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic. Very gently combine wet and dry ingredients, making sure to avoid overmixing! Scoop or pour the batter into the lined muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes or until the centers are firm to touch.
With this lightened-up muffin recipe, you don’t have to say goodbye to this beloved breakfast go-to. Clocking in at just 122 calories per muffin and counting as one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan, these Savory Herb Muffins are a dieter’s dream come true. To ensure you’re not enjoying one too many muffins, log each serving in the NuMi App. NuMi makes achieving your weight loss goals easy by doing all of the work for you. Learn more about the many benefits of using the NuMi App by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight > and be sure to log your Savory Herb Muffins here >
If muffins are your guilty pleasure, we’ve got plenty of other muffin recipes that won’t derail your healthy diet. Check out a few more of our favorites:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 122
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup pureed sweet potato
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners and mist with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, thyme and fresh sage. In a smaller bowl, mix together sweet potato, Greek yogurt, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the centers feel firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.