Slow Cooker Pumpkin Rice PuddingRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Pumpkin Rice Pudding? How did we not think of this sooner! This delicious dish combines all the favorite flavors of the season with a traditional treat for a satisfying sweet you won’t believe is guilt-free. Our favorite part about this version of rice pudding is that it’s made in a slow cooker. Which means that you’ll have extras on hand to enjoy all week (unless of course your loved ones get hold of it!).
If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, this creamy rice pudding counts as just one SmartCarb, so feel free to indulge any day you like!
Servings: One serving is about 3/4 cup; makes 8 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 1 cup uncooked short grain brown rice
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk with added protein
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup stevia baking blend
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Topping
- ½ Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- ½ tsp. pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Add all ingredients, except vanilla extract, to a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir contents of slow cooker with a large spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and cook on low for three hours, or until rice is tender and some liquid remains. The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Turn off heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Separate into bowls and top with a dash of cinnamon, maple syrup and pumpkin seeds.