Who doesn’t love a Sunday afternoon snack fest? The problem with having the munchies is they usually lead to derailing your healthy diet. But not with this delicious Sriracha Snack Mix recipe! With some simple spices and ingredients, you’ll be “indulging” in a Sunday snack so tasty, you’ll forget it falls in the “healthy” category.
This recipe is perfect to throw together if you’re hosting for the big game. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and being mixing those spicy flavors! In a large bowl, combine the wheat and rice chex cereal, pretzels, sunflower seeds, edamame and beef jerky. In a smaller bowl, thoroughly mix together sriracha, chili garlic paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder and garlic powder. Pour this mixture over the dry mixture and evenly distribute the combine ingredients on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about one hour. Pro tip: Be sure to flip every fifteen minutes!
This snack can easily be stored in a sealed container to be enjoyed at a later date. Keep this Sriracha Snack Mix handy in your snack cabinet or enjoy during the game. Whenever you choose to invigorate your senses with this spicy snack, your taste buds will be thanking you. This recipe makes a whopping 16 servings, and each serving counts as just one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving of the Sriracha Snack Mix in the NuMi app to ensure you aren’t overindulging! Easily log your Sriracha Snack Mix right here in the NuMi app >
Are snacks your go-to guilty pleasure? We’ve got plenty of diet-approved options that will curb the snack meetings. Check out a few of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 109
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 2 cups rice chex cereal
- 1½ cups wheat chex cereal
- 1½ cups mini pretzels
- ½ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dry roasted edamame
- 4 ounces original beef jerky, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine chex cereal, pretzels, sunflower seeds, edamame and beef jerky.
- In a small bowl, mix together sriracha, chili garlic paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder and garlic powder. Pour over the dry mixture. Carefully mix until well combined.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, flipping every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in a sealed container.