Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. This Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad takes mere minutes to prepare. But even if it didn’t, it would be worth the wait. Featuring tender grilled chicken on a bed of veggies and beans and topped with a (simple!) handmade dressing, this salad is every bit as tasty as it sounds.
Plus, on Nutrisystem, this dish counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, three Vegetables and two Extras, making it the perfect base for a flex meal. Women can enjoy one serving of this delicious dish for a flex lunch while men can enjoy both servings. Want to dig in at dinner? Just add another PowerFuel (like a quarter cup of shredded fat-free cheddar cheese!).
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 3 Vegetables and 2 Extras
- For the Salad:
- 4 oz. grilled chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup diced red onion
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- Puree all dressing ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir.
- Toss with dressing.
- Divide in half and serve.