Healthy Spanakopita Greek Spinach PieRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
This delicious Healthy Spanakopita recipe combines an array of favorite flavors—garlic, onions, dill, nutmeg and, most importantly, cheese! Ricotta and feta cheese are added to this decadent Greek-inspired dish to make this simple Spanakopita absolute perfection. A few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, and you have the ultimate Nutrisystem-approved meal.
Say goodbye to the days of boring, healthy meals that often lead to straying from the healthy lifestyle you have worked so hard to attain. This simple and nutritious Healthy Spanakopita (also known as Greek Spinach Pie) fits perfectly on your healthy menu.
The best part about this Greek classic? It is far from boring! Bursting with flavor, cheese, eggs and colored with spinach, this Healthy Spanakopita makes a generous eight servings—so it’s a perfect dish to share with the family or pack up during your weekly meal prep to use throughout the week.
While this Greek Spinach Pie is chock full of flavors and nutrients, it counts as a mere one PowerFuel and two Extras. Be sure to log your Healthy Spanakopita in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. According to a study by Kaiser Permanente, the healthcare company, logging your daily food, drink and activity intake increases you chances of success. So make sure you are logging! Log your Healthy Spanakopita right here on the NuMi app. >
Want to know more about the NuMi app? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight. >
Looking for another go-to recipe that’s perfect to share with the family? Try this delicious recipe for Cheeseburger Egg Rolls > or spice things up with Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites. >
Looking for something sweet to add to your menu? Check out the delicious (and sweet!) recipe below.
Calories per Serving: 154
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- ½ cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and green onions for two to three minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and continue to sauté until most of the water has evaporated. Remove from heat and set pan aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, feta cheese, egg, dill, sea salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Add cooled spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Mist the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Carefully layer two sheets of phyllo dough in the bottom of the pan and lightly brush with ½ tsp. olive oil. Top with three more sheets of phyllo dough and lightly brush with remaining ½ teaspoon olive oil.
- Spoon the spinach and cheese mixture onto the phyllo dough and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Top spinach and cheese mixture with three sheets of phyllo dough and lightly brush with ½ tsp. olive oil. Then, layer the final two sheets of phyllo dough and lightly brush with the remaining ½ tsp. of olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.