Simple Sheet Pan Steak FajitasRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Fajitas are made quick and easy with a sheet pan! This juicy steak fajitas recipe is packed with protein and fiber for the ultimate Flex meal that fits into your healthy diet.
Best of all, this recipe is simple to make and quick to whip up. It all starts (and finishes) with a juicy flank steak. If you find yourself a little nervous to pick out steaks on your own, check out our handy Nutrisystem Grocery Guide. Once you’ve brushed up on your shopping skills, you’ll be ready to make smart and healthy choices time after time.
While the steak provides most of the substance, you can’t forget about all the other great flavors thrown into the mix here. Getting your hands on ripe bell peppers and fresh onions will really kick things up a notch. The assortment of spices involved will also add exciting flavors to each and every bite you take.
As always, this Leaf recipe is super easy to prepare! As you preheat the oven, you can combine the spices and coat the steak. As the steak marinates, you can quickly (but safely!) chop up the veggies into quarter-inch slices. The steak only needs to cook for about 12 minutes. While you may be tempted to dig in right away, be sure to let it sit for a few minutes. Finish off your fajitas with toppings and garnishes and enjoy!
It’s so easy to get lost in the exotic flavors of steak fajitas but remember to take a minute to log your meal in the NuMi app. Trust us, it makes living healthy so much easier!
If you loved this healthy take on a classic steak recipe, be sure to whip up these other great ideas from The Leaf:
- Steak Stir Fry with Grilled Peppers and Onions >
- Skinny Cheese and Steak Sandwich >
- 15-Minute Beef Lo Mein >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 212
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 12 oz. flank steak
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ red onion
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 6 wheat tortillas, warmed
- Other toppings: Sour cream, salsa, avocado, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and paprika.
- In a large plastic zip top bag, add in 1 tablespoon olive oil, half the lime juice and half the spice mixture. Add steak and turn to coat. Let marinate while slicing vegetables.
- Slice peppers and onions into about ¼-inch slices.
- Add peppers and onions to sheet pan. Drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil and remaining spice mixture. Push to outer edges.
- Place steak in the middle.
- Cook for 12 minutes and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness (145°F minimum). Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and rest of lime juice.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.