Mozzarella Stuffed Old Bay MeatballsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Meatballs are a timeless classic of a meal. They’re easy to make, easier to eat, and are a great addition to any party. But if you’re tired of the same old meatballs time and time again, it’s time to spice things up with Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs filled with flavor thanks to Old Bay seasoning.
When you find yourself chowing down on brand new recipes or timeless classics, you’ll want an easy way to keep track of how much you’re eating, right? Of course you do! That’s why we whipped up our state-of-the-art app, NuMi. It makes eating healthy easier than ever, but let’s get back to the recipe!
Old Bay seasoning is often reserved for seafood, but we think it pairs perfectly with mozzarella and meatballs. Better yet, by using healthy, lean turkey makes this recipe not just delicious, but diet-approved, too!
This yummy Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs recipe starts off with the lean turkey we just mentioned along with fresh mozzarella cut into half-inch cubes. You craft the meatballs by taking a mozzarella cube and pressing it into two tablespoons of the turkey mixture. Roll the turkey into a ball around the cheese cube and just like that, you’ve got a mozzarella stuffed meatball that’s ready for the oven!
You’re almost done whipping up these simple but savory Stuffed Meatballs, and you’re thinking “maybe these just aren’t for me!” No worries though, we have countless other great meatball recipes for you to check out:
The meatballs will need to bake for about 20 minutes in the oven or until they are golden brown on the outside. No matter how tempted you are to start snacking right away, be sure to let them sit and cool for five minutes. After you’ve let the meatballs cool and are snacking away, be sure to check out other great recipes on the Leaf for all your dining occasion!
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 9 (2 meatballs = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 111
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. old bay seasoning, reduced sodium (or Cajun)
- 2 mozzarella sticks, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg and Old Bay/Cajun. Mix until well combined.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Press a cube of cheese into the meat and roll into a meatball, making sure the meat covers the cheese completely. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until outside is golden. Let cool for 5 minutes.