At just 279 calories and a whopping 21 powerful grams of protein, this Super Power Breakfast Bowl really raises the bar for breakfast.
This meal delivers well-rounded nutrition in a seriously hot and delicious way. It’s hard to go wrong with the wonderful, incredible, edible egg, but adding turkey bacon, diced potatoes, juicy, skillet-roasted tomatoes and spinach is such a mouthwatering way to add life to the a.m. staple. Want to unleash your inner superhero this morning? Food like this is bound to make it happen.
Two PowerFuels plus a SmartCarb, a Vegetable and an Extra makes this morning meal a perfect flex breakfast. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Calories per Serving: 279
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Powerfuels, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- ½ cup diced potatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped (low fat, low sodium)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (or 1 cup fresh)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large egg
- Black pepper
- Potatoes and Bacon
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the potatoes until soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add the turkey bacon and cover, stirring occasionally until bacon is fully cooked. Season with pepper.
- Spray a separate skillet, with nonstick spray and add the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Sauté in a skillet greased with nonstick spray. Cook until wilted
- Egg- Over-easy
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and add the egg. Once the white becomes opaque, flip the egg and lightly cook it on other side. Season with pepper.
- Place potatoes and bacon, tomato and spinach in a bowl. Top with egg.