Thai Chicken Coconut CurryRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Liven up your menu with this Thai-inspired dish. Healthy living doesn’t mean boring meals on Nutrisystem. In fact, we believe that you can still enjoy healthier versions of all your favorite foods—and Thai night is no exception! Whip up this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry for a delicious meal the entire family will love.
Packed with protein-packed chicken and fiber-filled veggies, this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry is a diet win. Oh, and we forgot to mention the best part—it’s super simple to make! That’s all thanks to a little help from shredded rotisserie chicken. To make this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry, simply sauté onion, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in coconut oil. Stir in garlic and ginger and continue cooking veggies for another minute or so. Once veggies are cooked, add in red Thai curry paste, coconut milk and red pepper flakes. Thoroughly stir until all ingredients are combined. Finally, add in shredded chicken and allow to simmer for a few minutes so the flavors cook through. You can enjoy this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry just as it is, or pour over brown rice to make it even heartier!
This delicious recipe yields four full servings, so it’s perfect to share with the family. Clocking in at 323 calories per serving and counting as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and three Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this meal is the real deal. To stay on track with your serving sizes and weight loss goals, be sure to log this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry in the NuMi App. Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so get logging! Easily log your food intake right here in NuMi >
Protein up your plate with a few more of our awesome Flex meal recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 323
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into ¼” thick strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced into ¼” thick strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ½” x 2” strips
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp. red thai curry paste
- 1 13.5 ounce can light coconut milk
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces (~2 cups) cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Melt coconut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add onion, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms to wok or skillet. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes. Vegetables should still be slightly crisp.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add red Thai curry paste, coconut milk and red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and stir. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
- Serve Thai Chicken Coconut Curry over brown rice.