This simple recipe turns the classic Shrimp Fra Diavolo into a diet-friendly dinner dish that is filled with a whole lot of deliciousness and can be enjoyed with zero guilt.
A healthy lifestyle shouldn’t mean avoiding all your favorite foods. In fact, at Nutrisystem we believe weight loss and healthy living can be achieved while enjoying delicious foods in moderation. And pasta is no exception. While the classic recipe for Shrimp Fra Diavolo is often packed with unnecessary calories, our recipe lightens this pasta dish up with a few healthier but equally delicious ingredients.
Succulent shrimp is sautéed to perfection and accompanied by delicious veggies like celery, bell pepper, onion and crushed tomato. This veggie sauté quickly turns into a thick sauce thanks to the tasty crushed tomatoes. Flavored with an array of seasonings, this homemade sauce is poured over whole wheat pasta and garnished with basil.
This hearty Shrimp Fra Diavolo recipe yields four servings, so it’s a great pick for family dinner. Each servings clocks in at a mere 262 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, two Vegetables and one Extra. To ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals, log each serving of this tasty Shrimp Fra Diavolo in our NuMi app. NuMi makes weight loss easy by doing all the work for you, so keep logging! To learn more about our easy-to-use food tracker app, click here! >
If pasta is your go-to, you should also check out a few more of our most popular guilt-free pasta dishes below:
- Creamy Spinach Gnocchi >
- Chicken A La King >
- Healthy Chicken Piccata >
- Creamy Pasta Salad >
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 262
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 2 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, raw
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil at medium-high.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Shrimp will not be cooked though. Place shrimp aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add celery, bell pepper and onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top over pasta and garnish with basil.