A creamy pasta meal without the dairy? Yes please! Check out this veggie pasta dish tossed in a decadent cashew cream sauce.
You won’t miss the dairy in this Cashew Cream Veggie Pasta. Filled with healthy fats and fiber, this meal is perfect if you are lactose intolerant or just trying to avoid dairy products. Cashews take the stage in a cream sauce that combines soaked cashews, lemon juice, fresh herbs and nutritional yeast (learn more about nutritional yeast and why you should try it here! >). The sauce is blended until smooth and simply tossed with whole wheat pasta, olive oil, cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach.
One serving of this veggie pasta is 272 calories, counting as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. This makes it the perfect Flex Lunch on our women’s plan. Feel free to add another PowerFuel to the mix with two-ounces of chicken or three-ounces of shrimp in order to make it a Flex Lunch for men. Get creative and switch up the vegetables to transform the meal into your own creation! Zucchini, onions, carrots and broccoli would be delicious additions.
Log this entrée in our free NuMi app to stay on track for success. NuMi is the perfect online tracking tool to help you reach your goals! Get started with your NuMi journal here >
Do you love a delicious pasta dinner? Find some more Nutrisystem-approved recipes below:
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Pasta >
- Shrimp Pasta with Garlic Asparagus >
- Pasta and Meatball Skewers >
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo >
- Chicken Marsala >
If you don’t feel like boiling pasta, Nutrisystem is always here to help! Check out 10 pasta meals we have already prepared for you >
Find more tasty lunches and dinners on our easy-to-follow four-week programs. Get signed up for a Nutrisystem plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 272
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4+ hours
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water, more if needed
- 4 oz. whole wheat fettuccine pasta, dry (~2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cashew Cream
- Drain the soaked cashews.
- Add all cashew cream ingredients to a blender and process until smooth (start with adding 2 tablespoons of water, continue adding to thin out as needed).
- Veggie Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and spinach to the pot. Cook until the spinach has wilted and tomatoes have softened.
- Add pasta and cashew cream sauce and toss well.