Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Cook up crispy cinnamon French toast in a snap with everyone’s favorite countertop appliance, the air fryer! If you didn’t already use your air fryer for every meal, this easy breakfast recipe is sure to change up your routine. Ordinary whole wheat bread is taken to the next level fresh apples, ground cinnamon and applesauce for a healthy brunch that’s quick and easy to make.
French toast may seem like a fancy breakfast that’s complicated to make. However, it’s actually quite simple! Plus, with your air fryer, you don’t have to worry about heating up oil in a pan or making a mess on the stove.
Get started by preheating your air fryer to 350 degree and grease the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. After dipping four slices of whole wheat bread in a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon and unsweetened applesauce, all you have to do is place them in the basket with some peeled and chopped apples. Air fry your French toast for about 10 minutes, flipping the toast halfway through the cooking time.
Plate up your French toast and top it with the cooked apples. If you’d like to use up one of your daily Extras, feel free to top your toast with a dollop of low-fat whipped cream for an extra fancy brunch! Maple syrup also counts towards your daily Extras. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Fun Fact: Cinnamon is considered a Free Food on the Nutrisystem plan, so you can enjoy as much of it as you’d like without worrying about calories!
Who knew that healthy could taste so delicious? One slice of this Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon French Toast recipe contains just 135 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it in your NuMi app journal as one and a half SmartCarbs.
Pump up the protein by enjoying this air fryer French toast with a PowerFuel! Try it with a serving of low-fat Greek yogurt, skim milk, chopped nuts or nut butter for a satisfying start to your day.
Craving more fabulous French toast? Check out these other healthy breakfast recipes!:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast >
- Churro French Toast Rollups >
- Baked Blueberry French Toast Casserole >
- French Toast Cups >
Start your day on the right track with convenient breakfasts delivered to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem weight loss plans >
Calories per Serving: 135
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ SmartCarb
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Grease air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, cinnamon and applesauce.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Place bread in the air fryer along with chopped apples.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Top the French toast with the chopped apples before serving.