Every time we bring you a new and delicious omelet option, like this Cheddar Bacon Omelet, we find ourselves raving about just how fun and flavorful they are. But do you know what else we love about omelets? The eggs! That’s right, we love eggs.
They have oh, so many benefits that they’re hard to count. Fortunately for you, we gathered the best of the best right here in an edition of Superfood Saturday that goes over Why Eggs Are So Egg-cellent >
Even if your relationship with eggs is platonic at best, we know you can appreciate a well-crafted omelet. And that’s exactly what you’ll be making this morning! The Bacon Cheddar Omelet takes so many delicious flavors and brings them together in the omelet without going overboard on any of them—meaning you don’t have to worry about derailing your diet.
Grab a bowl from your kitchen cabinets and beat together eggs, milk and black pepper. Then stir in some turkey bacon (yes, it’s not classic bacon, but trust us, it’s just as good) and chives and once stirred, pour into a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Let the edges and bottom cook a little and then place a cover over the pan and let the omelet cook until the top is no longer runny—should take about two to three minutes but there’s room for personal preference.
Sprinkle some low fat cheddar cheese onto the omelet and then fold it over itself and onto a plate. In just a few minutes you have a tantalizingly tasty breakfast option that you’ll find yourself coming back to over and over again. And while you may be tempted to whip up a second Bacon Cheddar Omelet right now, log in NuMi first and find out if you have room to spare! And if you’re craving another omelet ASAP, remember, there’s always tomorrow. And maybe tomorrow you can whip up a Pesto Tomato Omelet > instead!
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 180
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup low fat cheddar cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk and black pepper. Stir in turkey bacon and chives.
- Spray medium-sized pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour egg into heated pan. Let the edges and bottom cook some. Place a cover and cook until the top is no longer runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs.
- Fold each side of omelet towards the center. Transfer to large plate and serve immediately.