Quesadillas for breakfast? Count us in! This crispy quesadilla combines broccoli, spinach and egg whites with everyone’s favorite ingredient… cheese. Ready in just five easy steps, this recipe is just as simple as it is delicious. Whip this delightful meal up in mere minutes and start your day off with a mouthwatering (and cheesy) breakfast quesadilla.
When we say simple, we mean simple. Sauté spinach, chop broccoli florets and scramble egg whites—finish by cooking your tortilla and fillings on a nonstick skillet until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. Grab your quesadilla and enjoy this tasty breakfast on your way out the door. This recipe makes one quesadilla per serving and clocks in at just 201 calories while dishing out a whole host of vitamins, nutrients AND protein. That’s a diet win if you ask us! Want to make these for the whole family? With just a few minutes per quesadilla, you can whip these up for a few people in no time!
Reminder: Be sure to grab low-carb wheat tortillas (about 60 calories each) when purchasing the ingredients for this scrumptious breakfast.
Counting as just one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one and a half Vegetables, this Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Quesadilla fits perfectly with your Nutrisystem meal plan. While this breakfast is Nutrisystem-approved, it’s important to remember to log it in your NuMi app. Not familiar with our NuMi app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App > and learn all about our free tracking app that makes staying on track easy. By logging your food and beverage intake, you increase your chances for weight loss results. Stay on track by logging your Breakfast Quesadilla right here >
Looking for a few more breakfast recipes? We’ve got you covered! Try this sweet and fruity Banana Nut Overnight Oatmeal >, these light and fluffy Cloud Eggs > or this nutritious Blueberry Nut Sweet Potato Toast >
Calories per Serving: 201
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 1 ½ Vegetables
- ½ cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 low carbohydrate wheat tortilla (60 calories each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat frozen broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes until completely thawed. Allow to cool, squeeze out excess water and roughly chop.
- Heat a medium, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of water and sauté the spinach until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside with broccoli florets.
- Add egg whites to the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Scramble until completely cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mist the nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the tortilla in the pan. On ½ of the tortilla, sprinkle half of the cheese. Top with the broccoli, eggs and spinach. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, then fold the tortilla in half to cover the fillings.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and then carefully flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted.