5-Ingredient Buffalo Cauliflower BreadsticksRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Cauliflower has forever revolutionized low carb diet plans. The nutritious, non-starchy vegetable has a mild taste and hearty texture that work together to create the perfect swap for rice, pasta, bread and more. We use it as the base of these Buffalo Cauliflower Breadsticks for a simple recipe with only five ingredients.
If you’re craving a carb-heavy dish but don’t want to sabotage your weight loss efforts, these cauliflower breadsticks are your solution. They’re made with five simple, low carb and gluten free ingredients, making them the perfect appetizer for your game night or dinner party. Zesty, melty and full of flavor, your guests will be shocked when you tell them this dish is diet-friendly. Not a spicy food lover? Nix the buffalo sauce and swap in olive oil, garlic and oregano for an Italian-style take on this guilt-free starter.
Pro tip: If you don’t feel like making your own cauliflower rice, you can purchase a pre-made version in the frozen section of your grocery store! Just make sure to choose plain varieties without any added ingredients.
One serving of these Buffalo Cauliflower Breadsticks clocks in at just 116 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem weight loss program. Keep track of your breadsticks by logging them into the NuMi app! NuMi is the ultimate online tracking tool for your Nutrisystem plan and can help you reach your weight loss goals. Click here to log this vegetable-based recipe in NuMi >
Craving more cauliflower? This cruciferous veggie is the perfect plant-based alternative to many high carb ingredients. Check out these other healthy recipes and snack ideas!:
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tots >
- Buffalo Blue Cauliflower Mac and Cheese >
- Cauliflower Buffalo Bites >
- Spinach Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals and snacks delivered directly to your door. Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today!
Servings: 6 (1 serving = 2 breadsticks)
Calories per Serving: 116
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Vegetable
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded, reduced fat
- 3 Tbsp. buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp. chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a rice texture.
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower onto a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl and add the egg, 1 cup of cheese and buffalo sauce. Mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and form it into a rectangle that's about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower bread from the oven and cut it into 12 sticks. Separate the sticks slightly and top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Return the breadsticks to the oven for another 5 minutes.