The summer heat has set in and so have the cravings for all the summer snacks. But don’t let this delicious season derail your healthy diet; stay on track with this 2-Step Ceviche recipe that combines the rich flavors and vibrant colors of summer without leaving you with an ounce of guilt.
Healthy, fresh and filled with flavor—this 2-Step Ceviche is the real deal. Succulent shrimp is cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces and combined with diced cod. Juicy bell pepper, delicious red onion and spicy jalapeno are tossed in and covered with zesty flavors from lime juice, lemon juice and olive oil. To put the finishing touches (and add in even more flavor!), fresh cilantro is stirred into the Ceviche. For maximum flavor, let sit for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
While this summer snack is diet-friendly, it’s easy to get carried away with portion sizes—which is exactly why we’ve mapped out a guide on how much you should be eating. Check out How to Become a Nutrisystem Portion Pro > to stay on track with your portion sizes.
You should also download our free and easy-to-use food tracker app, NuMi. NuMi makes weight loss easy by doing all the hard work for you. Log each serving of this 2-Step Ceviche in the NuMi app to ensure you are eating the allotted SmartCarbs, PowerFuels and Extras each day. You can easily log your food in NuMi here >
Looking for a few other fresh recipes filled with the flavors of summer? Check out our favorites below:
- Mango Salsa >
- Fiesta Crab Guacamole >
- Watermelon Chicken Salad >
- Mahi Mahi With Pineapple Mango Salsa >
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 162
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- ½ lb. raw shrimp, shelled, deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb. raw cod, cut into ½-in pieces
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add shrimp and cod and cook for 3-5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a bowl, add shrimp, cod, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion and cilantro. Cover with oil and juice from limes and lemons. Stir and let set for at least 30 minutes.