Chocolate Hazelnut Blended Overnight OatmealRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Breakfasts, Main Courses
Chocolate and nuts are always a perfect pairing. The rich flavor and creamy texture of chocolate perfectly complements the nutty taste and crunch of any nut, from peanuts to almonds to cashews. Hazelnuts are our nut of choice in this decadent breakfast recipe, which could easily double as a chocolaty dessert. Dive spoon first into this beautiful bowl of blended oatmeal that’s filled with the unique aroma of hazelnuts and cocoa, then finished with a decadent sweet cream topping.
A Protein-Packed Blended Oatmeal Bowl
This bowl of goodness begins with a creamy blend of blended oatmeal, protein powder and a few other special ingredients. Blending oatmeal in a food processor or blender gives it a new texture that’s almost pudding-like. It’s a great way to transform an ordinary bowl of oats into something unique!
Get started by placing your oats and hazelnuts into a food processor or blender. We love using packets of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal from the Nutrisystem breakfast menu to add more delicious flavor, sweetness and convenience to this already simple recipe. Each packet provides three grams of fiber and four grams of protein!
Blend the oatmeal and hazelnuts until they are ground, then add in chocolate protein powder, unsweetened almond milk, nonfat plain Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. The Chocolate Nutrisystem Shake Mix is creamy, delicious and refreshing, providing that fudgy, chocolate flavor that you’re craving. Blend the mixture until it’s smooth, then pour it into bowls and place it in the fridge.
Now that the blended oatmeal is ready, it’s time to whip up a homemade chocolate hazelnut cream topping. Place hazelnuts in a food processor or blender and blend them until they are ground. Then add maple syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder, nonfat plain Greek yogurt and low fat cream cheese. Blend the mixture until it’s smooth. If it is too thick, cook it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it up and then return it to the blender.
Spread the chocolate hazelnut cream topping on top of the blended oatmeal. Place the bowls back into the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, you’ll have a delicious breakfast bowl waiting for you when you wake up!
Our Chocolate Hazelnut Blended Overnight Oatmeal recipe makes two servings. Each serving contains 366 calories. Losing weight on Nutrisystem? Log it into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels and two Extras.
Cooking for one? You can easily divide the ingredients in half to make one serving. If you’re meal prepping for the week, double or triple the recipe!
You can also customize this recipe by making some simple and healthy swaps. Replace the hazelnuts with peanuts or almonds. Use Vanilla Nutrisystem Shake Mix instead of the chocolate. Use walnuts instead of hazelnuts. Get creative!
More Easy Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
Calories per Serving: 366
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 2 packets Nutrisystem Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- 1 scoop Chocolate Nutrisystem Shake Mix
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. low fat cream cheese
- Blended Oatmeal
- Place oats and hazelnuts in a food processor or blender. Blend until ground.
- Add chocolate protein, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two bowls and place in the fridge.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Topping
- Place hazelnuts in food processor or blender. Blend until ground.
- Add syrup, cocoa powder, yogurt and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. (If too thick, cook in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften and then return to blender).
- Spread the cream on top of the oatmeal and place in the refrigerator overnight.