Sweet and delicious, this is one chocolaty recipe you don’t want to miss. In fact, you may want to bookmark this recipe right now. Chances are, you’re going to want to make this Chocolate Orange Soufflé over and over again.
In just a few simple steps and with just a few simple ingredients, this Chocolate Orange Soufflé is a dieter’s dream. So rich and delicious, it tastes like you’re cheating on your healthy diet—but it’s 100% Nutrisystem-approved. How can this dessert possibly get any better? It’s also super simple to make. Perfect for date night, whip up this Chocolate Orange Soufflé for you and your significant other to enjoy a diet-friendly sweet treat.
To make this tasty dessert, simply spray two, six-inch ramekins with nonstick spray. In a small saucepan, combine cocoa, flour and Truvia Cane Sugar Blend. Add milk and orange juice and/or zest and stir on medium heat until warm. In a bowl, whisk egg white with an electric mixer and at about halfway through, add in cream of tartar. Gently but thoroughly fold chocolate mixture into the egg white mixture until completely combined. Evenly pour the soufflé batter into each ramekin and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the top is set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy! Pro tip: Enjoy this while it’s warm—the longer it sits, the more the soufflé will deflate!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each soufflé counts as two Extras and clocks in at just 61 calories per serving. While this dessert is diet-friendly and Nutrisystem-approved, it’s still important to log each serving in NuMi to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. Easily log your Chocolate Orange Soufflé right here in NuMi >
Chocolate lover? Us, too. Enjoy chocolate without derailing your healthy diet with a few more of our favorite diet-approved recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 61
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia® Cane Sugar Blend
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- ¼ orange, juiced and zested
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray two 6 oz. ramekins with nonstick spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine cocoa, flour and sugar. Add milk and orange juice/zest. Stir and cook over medium heat until warm, about two minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg white with electric mixture until soft peaks form. About halfway, add in cream of tartar.
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites, a little at a time. Fold until no white appears. Careful to not overmix.
- Pour batter into ramekins. Bake until top is set, about 16 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar (optional). Serve immediately to prevent them from deflating.