Green Bean CasseroleRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
This Green Bean Casserole is full of flavor and texture, making it the perfect flex lunch or side dish to a favorite dinner. Make a big batch to bring to your next family dinner or party, or savor it solo in the comfort of home. Either way, you’ll be happy you tried this casserole recipe!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Powerfuel and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. bag fresh or frozen green beans
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, half thinly sliced and half diced
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1½ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat crackers, crushed
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- Zero calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Placed sliced onions in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Lightly spray onions with cooking spray. Cook onions until crisp.
- In the meantime, bring a large stockpot of water to boil. Add green beans and boil for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until soft and cooked.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and flour and stir.
- Add milk, yogurt, and seasoning. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked green beans.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with baked onions and crushed crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.