3-Step Ground Turkey and Potato Hash Breakfast SkilletRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Start your day with a simple and satisfying skillet! Tender and lean ground turkey is paired with shredded potatoes and shaved Brussels sprouts for a hearty, homestyle morning meal. If you’re looking for easy breakfast ideas that can double as a fancy brunch, this tasty turkey trio is a must-try.
This dish comes together in just three easy steps: Cook the turkey, cook the veggies, then put it all together with some spices! It’s that simple.
Not only is this breakfast skillet easy to make, it also fits into your Nutrisystem plan! One serving contains just 174 calories. Log it into your NuMi app food journal as one PowerFuel, half of a SmartCarb, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving.
Protein Pro Tip: Pump up the protein in this breakfast skillet with some farm fresh eggs! This will add one PowerFuel to each serving, making it a protein powerhouse. Here’s how to do it:
- After cooking the recipe per the instructions below, make four divots in the Ground Turkey and Potato Hash with your spatula or cooking utensil.
- Crack an egg inside each divot.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the eggs are cooked to your preference.
You can also simply add in four scrambled eggs that are already cooked. If you want to make this recipe count as a full Vegetable servings, feel free to also add in more non-starchy veggie options. Any of your favorites will work! Sliced onions, diced tomatoes, bell peppers and mushrooms would all be delicious and nutritious options that can pump up the flavor and fiber of your ground turkey skillet.
Looking for another smart and simple skillet for your healthy breakfast menu? If you enjoyed this Ground Turkey and Potato Hash Skillet recipe, you have to try our Cauliflower Breakfast Hash Skillet! It’s a low-carb breakfast recipe that swaps out the potatoes for cauliflower and piles on turkey bacon, eggs, onions, bell peppers and green onions. Click here for the recipe! >
Want to lose weight with delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners delivered directly to your door? Get started with a Nutrisystem meal plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 174
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, ½ SmartCarb, 1 Extra and ½ Vegetable
- 8 oz. lean ground turkey
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, shaved
- 2 cups potatoes, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Cook turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet. Add the potatoes and Brussel sprouts. Cover and cook until soft and lightly brown, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Add turkey back to the skillet with seasonings.