Pan Seared Scallops with Mushroom Quinoa and Butternut PureeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Fancy meals don’t have to be complicated! With the right recipe, you can easily whip up a romantic dinner for two that’s worthy of a five-star restaurant. Take these pan seared scallops for example: They might sound like they are complicated to make. However, the recipe uses simple ingredients and is ready in a snap!
Featuring two easy yet impressive side dishes, this Valentine’s Day-inspired meal is the perfect recipe for a cozy night at home. Learn how to pan sear scallops so you can spoil your sweetheart (or yourself) with this delicious meal. Enjoy the flavor of succulent scallops, creamy butternut squash puree and savory mushroom quinoa on one flavor-packed plate. The best part? It all fits into your Nutrisystem weight loss plan!
This recipe for pan seared scallops, including the side dishes, makes two servings. Each serving comes in at 353 calories. Using the NuMi app to stay on track with your Nutrisystem plan? You can log this dish as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving.
Add another veggie serving to this meal by pairing the dish with a side salad or some steamed spinach. Non-starchy vegetables are unlimited on the Nutrisystem program, so feel free to load up your plate! Just watch out for any Extras, such as salad dressing or cooking oil. Stick to three Extras per day and use proper portion sizes. (Got questions about Extras? We’ve got you covered in this helpful article! >)
Now that you’ve got your Valentine’s Day main course all planned out, it’s time for dessert! From cookies and cake to pie and ice cream, you’re sure to find a sweet treat that you love on The Leaf. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Black Forest Cupcakes >
- Air Fryer Raspberry Crisp >
- Chocolate Protein Cake Pops >
- Slimmed-Down Chocolate Cherry Sorbet >
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Raspberry Chickpea Blondies >
No time for cooking? No problem! Nutrisystem delivers your favorite meals and desserts directly to your door. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also perfectly portioned for weight loss to help you reach your goals the delicious way. Get started today! >
Calories per Serving: 353
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. scallops
- 1 Tbsp. lite butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Mushroom Quinoa
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add cooked quinoa and season with thyme.
- Butternut Squash Puree
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss squash in olive oil and pour onto baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
- Place cooked squash in blender and blend until smooth. Season with garlic powder.
- Pat scallops dry and season with black pepper.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add scallops and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
- To plate, place butternut squash puree on the bottom of the plate. Top with mushroom quinoa mixture. Top with cooked scallops.