What if we told you that you could achieve the perfect peanut butter chocolate cookie in your air fryer? Our healthy recipe developers at The Leaf have turned this dream into a reality! These Air Fryer Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for when you’re craving a sweet treat but just don’t feel like turning on the oven. Throw together this quick and easy gluten free cookie that’s filled with creamy peanut butter, fiber-rich oat flour and sweet maple syrup. The best part? Because of the high heat of the air fryer, these cookies are ready to enjoy in just eight short minutes.
Just because this epic dessert recipe is missing a complicated ingredient list and unnecessary steps, that doesn’t mean it’s missing out on nutrition! After all, the two main ingredients, peanut butter and oats, are packed with healthy qualities. According to Harvard Health, studies show that people who eat nuts and peanut butter have a decreased risk of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. Oats are high in a specific fiber known as beta-glucan. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics explains that eating just one and a half cups of oats containing this fiber daily may help decrease cholesterol and control blood pressure.
You only need seven simple ingredients for these quick and easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. Get started by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees and line it with some parchment paper. While you are waiting for your air fryer to heat up, make your own homemade oat flour for the base of your cookies. This can easily be done by placing a half-cup of quick dry oats into a food processor and blending until a flour-like texture is formed. Create a healthy cookie dough by adding in one egg, a quarter-cup of maple syrup, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and a quarter-teaspoon of baking soda. Pulse them in your food processor until well combined. Add in a half-cup of peanut butter and continue to pulse the mixture in your food processor. Once your healthy cookie dough has formed and is completely combined, stir in a quarter-cup of chocolate chips.
Your healthy cookie dough is now ready to be made into delicious, soft-baked air fryer cookies. Form the cookie dough into 10 one-inch balls. Flatten them a bit with the back of a spoon to create cookies.
Place the cookies into the air fryer, making sure to leave enough room in between each cookie so that they don’t stick together. You will have to bake them in multiple batches. “Bake” your cookies in the air fryer for eight minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, you may need to flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon again. Once they are finished cooking, remove them from the air fryer so that they can cool for a few minutes before serving.
Healthy Hacks: Trying to watch your sugar intake? Feel free to swap in a sugar-free maple syrup to use as your sweetener. You can also use stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, which are becoming easier to find in the average grocery store. If you’re not a fan of chocolate, you can also leave out the chocolate chips completely for a peanut butter cookie. Throw in chopped nuts, dried berries or a crunchy, whole grain cereal for a unique twist on this mouthwatering dessert recipe!
This healthy cookie recipe makes 10 delicious, golden brown Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. One cookie contains 149 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. If you make any of the recipe adjustments above, just make sure to keep track of it in your NuMi app food journal. Take a look at our Grocery Guide for more information on how to count different ingredients on your Nutrisystem plan. Tap here to log these cookies into your NuMi journal. >
If you thought that air fryers could only be used for dinners and appetizers, guess again! You can create delicious, diet-friendly desserts using this handy appliance. Try out our Air Fryer Chocolate Donut Holes and Air Fryer Stuffed Peaches. Looking for some more air fryer inspiration? You’ve come to the right place, as the The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is filled with healthy air fryer recipes for your weight loss plan. Check out 10 of our favorite healthy air fryer recipes below:
- Breakfast is made healthy, quick and easy with our recipe for Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies >
- Need a crispy fried side for your next party or get-together? Try these Air Fryer French Fries >
- Enjoy grilling season all year long! Check out this sweet recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple >
- Avoid broken eggs and unhealthy oils with this diet-friendly take on a gourmet brunch. You’ll love these Air Fryer Baked Eggs >
- Get in your protein and veggies with a unique recipe. Dig into these Air Fryer Southwestern Egg Rolls >
- Snack on creamy, crispy wontons while sticking to your healthy diet. Try out this recipe for Air Fryer Crab Wontons >
- If you need a healthy recipe that even the kiddos will love, make sure to try these Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites >
- You probably already have all the ingredients on hand to make our tasty and healthy Air Fryer BBQ Potato Skins >
- These chicken drumsticks are filled with flavor but only require four ingredients. Enjoy these Air Fryer Honey Garlic Drumsticks >
- Our recipe developers have done it again! You’ll think it’s a miracle when try this magical Air Fryer Meatloaf >
Whether you don’t have an air fryer or you’re just not in the baking mood, Nutrisystem can still help you with your cookie cravings. Our a la carte menu is filled with tasty cookies that we send right to your home. If you’re dreaming of a cookie filled with your favorite nut butter just like this recipe, try our ready-to-go Peanut Butter Cookie. Thinking of mom’s homemade snickerdoodles? Stock up on our healthy Snickerdoodle Cookie that contains five grams of protein! And if you’re in need of a sweet, crunchy snack, our bags of mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are sure to satisfy. Explore our full a la carte menu for more healthy cookies, snacks and meals. >
Looking for a healthy meal delivery service? Nutrisystem is here for you and delivers food directly to your door! Learn more about our weight loss meal plans. >
Servings: 10 (1 serving = 1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 149
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup quick oats dry
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. Line the air fryer with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a food processor. Process until a flour-like texture is formed.
- Add in the egg, maple syrup, vanilla and baking soda. Pulse until well combined
- Add in the peanut butter and pulse until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 10 1-inch balls. Flatten them a bit with the back of a spoon to create cookies.
- Place the cookies into the air fryer. Leave enough room in between each cookie so that they don't stick together. You will have to bake them in multiple batches.
- Bake in the air fryer for 8 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon again, if needed.
- Remove the cookies from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.