Looking for the easiest, most delicious dessert recipe for your summer celebrations? This Pretzel Crust Fruit Pie is your answer! Light whipped topping and freshly sliced peaches and plums are layered into a three-ingredient pretzel crust and garnished with lime for a refreshingly simple dessert.
We love an easy, breezy fruit pie that comes together in a snap. We simplify the hardest part about making pie by substituting crushed pretzels, melted light butter and coconut sugar for the crust. Simply combine them together and press into a greased pie pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, then let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Once the pretzel crust is cool, spread light whipped topping over it. Top it with sliced peaches and plums. Have fun and feel free to make a beautiful design! Finally, drizzle a little lime juice and zest over the top and refrigerate until the fruit pie is cold. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Healthy Hacks: This Pretzel Crust Fruit Pie recipe is very versatile. Check out some simple swaps and adjustments you can make below:
- Feel free to swap in whole wheat or multigrain pretzels if you can find them for some extra fiber.
- If you’re watching your sugar intake, you can substitute the coconut sugar with a zero-calorie sweetener like stevia or monk fruit extract.
- Not a fan of peaches or plums? Substitute any other type of fruit that you enjoy! It would be delicious with strawberries, blueberries or cherries.
- For some extra flavor, you can mix in some vanilla extract or another type of extract with the light whipped topping.
- If you prefer, you can try using lemon juice and zest instead of lime.
- Want to pump up the protein with a PowerFuel? Mix in some low-fat Greek yogurt with the cool whip or top the pie with chopped nuts like peanuts, almonds or cashews.
This Pretzel Crust Fruit Pie makes eight servings. One serving contains 177 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and three Extras on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Stay on track with your weight loss goals by keeping an organized food journal! Our FREE NuMi app makes it easy by providing a one-stop spot for all things Nutrisystem. Click here to log your slice of fruit pie in the NuMi app! >
Pining for more fruit pie? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog has plenty of healthy recipes for your weight loss plan! Think of us as your virtual recipe book for Nutrisystem-approved creations. Check out the other delicious summer pie recipes below:
- Must-Try Strawberry Pie >
- Fresh Peach Pie >
- Healthy Apple Pie (No Added Sugar!) >
- Blueberry Pie Crumble >
Have you developed your own pie recipe that you want to share with us? Submit your recipe and a picture of it on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf. Click here to share your recipes! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 177
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 3 Extras
- 4 cups pretzels
- ¼ cup light butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 ½ cups light whipped topping
- ¼ lime, juiced + a pinch zested
- 1 peach, sliced thin
- 1 plum, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Crush pretzels in food processor.
- Combine pretzels with melted butter and sugar. Press into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread whipped topping over crust. Top with sliced fruit. Drizzle lime juice and lime zest over fruit and whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until cold.