It’s that time of year again—warmer days are paired with fresh fruits and a whole lot of sunshine. What better time to “indulge” in a fruity recipe than now?! This lightened-up Strawberry Pie recipe will keep your sweet cravings at bay and your waistline intact as we near the summer months and beach season!
If you’re a strawberry lover like we are, then look no further—this simple, fresh Strawberry Pie recipe combines all the right ingredients to make a healthier version of this seasonal classic. Six simple and diet-friendly ingredients are all it takes to whip up this sweet pie, and let us tell you, it won’t disappoint. Graham crackers, light butter and an egg combine to make the crispy, crumbly crust, while fresh strawberries, sugar-free strawberry gelatin and boiling water create the sweet strawberry filling inside.
This delicious Strawberry Pie is perfect for a quick-and-easy dessert recipe you can enjoy with the whole family. It’s also an easy treat to bring along to your neighborhood BBQ or a great snack to store in the fridge for weekly (strawberry-filled) snacks. Enjoy it with a dollop of fat free cool whip for the perfect healthy dessert that’s reminiscent of a strawberry tart mixed with a strawberry shortcake.
So, what makes this strawberry pie recipe so special? The star of the show, strawberries, are a superfood you need to add to your weekly menu. Why, you may ask? At The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we are here to give you the details on just how special strawberries really are:
- According to the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, these little red berries are so beloved, we eat eight pounds a year. They’re an American classic and extremely versatile, so they’re perfect to enjoy on their own or as an addition to any dessert—just like in this Strawberry Pie!
- Strawberries are packed with nutritional value, too. These little red superstars provide about 160 percent of your vitamin C requirements.
- Low calorie? Check. Strawberries are a perfect way to fill up without packing in the calories. In fact, you can enjoy eight medium-sized strawberries for just 50 calories.
- Need a little extra fiber boost? Strawberries got you covered. They’re rich in soluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol—count us in!
- Ever heard of anthocyanins? These plant chemicals give strawberries their vibrant red color and more importantly, can help protect from an array of medical conditions, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Strawberry lovers rejoice! The Nutrisystem menu gives you the sweet and tart flavor of strawberries that you love in a healthy, diet-friendly package. Enjoy a full day of strawberry goodness with our Strawberry Yogurt Flavored Bar for lunch and a soft-baked Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake for dessert. Click the link below to learn more about the amazing health benefits of berries:
Okay, let’s get back to the recipe at hand—this delectable yet nutritious Must-Try Strawberry Pie. If you’re looking for a recipe you can get the kids involved in, this is perfect. It requires just six simple ingredients and includes five easy steps. To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly combine graham crackers, butter and an egg to form the pie crust. Spray the pie pan with nonstick spray and press down the pie crust into the pan (perfect step to get the kids involved in!). Pop this in the oven for about 12 minutes, remove and let it cool completely—we recommend at least an hour.
While the pie crust cools, combine boiled water and strawberry gelatin mix to start the strawberry filling. Add in strawberries, then place the bowl in the fridge so that the filling can solidify some. If you’d like, feel free to pulse the filling in a food processor or blender until it reaches your desired thickness. Pour the strawberry filling into the cooled crust and pop back in the fridge for a few hours to set. Serve with a scoop of fat free cool whip and prepare for your taste buds (and your family) to thank you!
The Leaf Pro Tip: Click here to learn how to core a strawberry like a pro! > If you leave your strawberries halved and don’t blend your filling, you can arrange them in a beautiful presentation around your pie crust. Another tasty idea is to put a thin layer of fat free cool whip or whipped cream onto the crust before you add your strawberry filling. Just make sure to account for this addition in your daily Extras. Learn more about Extras by clicking here. >
So now that you’re all set to whip up this delicious Strawberry Pie recipe, we’ve got a few more strawberry recipes to add to your to-do list:
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Banana Kebabs >
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies >
- Strawberry Lemon Mousse Cups >
- Sweet Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding >
- Strawberry Chia Jam >
- Strawberry Pineapple Popsicles >
- No-Bake Strawberry Pie Parfait >
- Strawberry Delight Frozen Yogurt >
You can also view countless snack ideas and dessert recipes that are healthy alternatives during your weight loss journey by clicking here! >
No time for baking this week? No problem! We’ve got you covered with delicious desserts from our Nutrisystem menu. Check out a few of our favorites below and don’t forget to stock up on a few extras to have on hand:
- Ice Cream Sandwich >
- Chocolate Cupcake >
- Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcake >
- S’mores Pie >
- Confetti Cake Mug Mix >
This tasty recipe makes a whopping eight servings and clocks in at just one SmartCarb and one Extra on your Nutrisystem meal plan. To ensure you are staying on track with your healthy diet, log each serving of this pie in our easy-to-use NuMi App. Research suggests that consistently logging your food can increase weight loss results. Click here to easily log your food in NuMi >
Fun Fact: Strawberries are the number five topped logged SmartCarb in the NuMi app. Click here to check out the other top SmartCarb picks >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, cookies and ice cream? Get started with a Nutrisystem meal plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 132
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 Tbsp light butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 1 packet sugar free strawberry gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the pie crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and egg. Press the mixture down into a pie pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- To make the strawberry filling, combine boiled water and strawberry gelatin mix until fully dissolved. Stir in the strawberries.
- Place the strawberry filling in the fridge to solidify some, about 1-2 hours.
- Pour the strawberry mix into the cooled pie crust. Place pie in the fridge for another 2-3 hours before serving.