If you’re craving something sweet, you can whip up this Strawberry Lemon Mousse Cups recipe for a diet-friendly dessert that takes little time and effort to make! A few simple ingredients are combined to create this delectable mousse that will satisfy your sweet tooth the Nutrisystem-approved way.
A classic duo—strawberry and lemon—are the star of the show in this creamy treat. A sweet and fluffy mousse is whipped together in five simple steps. Don’t let your sweet cravings derail your healthy diet. Stay on track by diving into this diet-friendly dessert.
To make this delicious treat, simply chill a can of coconut cream in the fridge. Once chilled, add the coconut cream to a large mixing bowl. Pro tip: Be sure to avoid the coconut water at the bottom of the can. Thoroughly whip the coconut cream until a fluffy consistency is reached. Add in lemon zest and juice. Stevia and Greek yogurt. Once these ingredients are also whipped into the coconut cream, transfer to a cup of choice and top with fresh strawberries.
This recipe yields two servings, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients if you’re sharing with others (it’s a great treat to bring to parties!). Each serving clocks in at a mere 95 calories and counts as three Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving of this delicious Strawberry Lemon Mousse in the NuMi App. By logging your daily food intake in NuMi, you can easily stay on track with your weight loss goals. Learn more about the many benefits of NuMi here >
If your sweet tooth is calling, we’ve got you covered with plenty of diet-approved recipes that are just as delicious as they are nutritious:
- Mini No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake Bites >
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Muffin >
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 95
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 1 can lite coconut cream, unsweetened
- 6 oz. plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 packet stevia
- 2 strawberries, sliced strawberries
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge to chill overnight.
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream (~1/2 cup), avoiding any of the coconut water at the bottom of the can.
- Whip the cream for about 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in lemon zest and juice, stevia and yogurt. Whip for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to glasses and top with strawberries.