Celebrate pumpkin season with our recipe for homemade Pumpkin Spice Cookies! Maple syrup, cinnamon and pumpkin puree bring the flavors of fall to this diet-friendly treat.
Nothing says autumn like the pumpkin spice. With so many unhealthy pumpkin-flavored products flooding the market, you need a healthy snack to satisfy your pumpkin cravings. Enter our Pumpkin Spice Cookies! They’re made with healthful ingredients and fit easily into your Nutrisystem plan.
To make these healthy cookies, preheat your oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Grab a mixing bowl and create your batter. Combine pumpkin puree, whole wheat pastry flour, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, almond milk, margarine, an egg, baking powder and baking soda. Using a tablespoon, dollop 12 equal-sized cookies onto the cookie sheet. In a separate bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it over the cookies. Put them in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until they are fully cooked. Enjoy your cookies and the sweet aroma of autumn in your home!
Helpful Hint: Make sure to use unsweetened pumpkin puree, not canned pumpkin pie filling!
One Pumpkin Spice Cookie contains 76 calories and counts as two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. With three Extras per day, it’s important to keep track of them for the best weight loss results. Our NuMi app makes tracking your food easy and is the perfect tool to help you reach your goals. Get started with your free NuMi account today! >
Looking for more pumpkin recipes to enjoy this fall? Try out these healthy ideas:
- Pumpkin Pie Applesauce >
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites >
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie >
- Skinny Pumpkin Ice Cream >
- Powerhouse Pumpkin Hummus >
- Pumpkin Icebox Cake >
- Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake >
If you don’t feel like turning on the oven, let Nutrisystem do the baking for you! Try out our diet-friendly Snickerdoodle Cookie, Vanilla Shortbread Cookies, Toffee Crunch Cookies or Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.
If you want to lose weight enjoying healthy meals and snacks, check out Nutrisystem! Learn more about our plans here >
Servings: 12 (1 serving = 1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 76
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combined.
- Create cookies on baking sheet using about 1.5-2 tablespoons of batter for each. Batter should make about 12 cookies
- In a separate small bowl, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until fully cooked.