Ricotta Pesto Eggplant PizzaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
Did someone say pizza? On a diet? With this Ricotta Pesto Eggplant Pizza recipe, you can enjoy a healthy version of your favorite food whenever the craving calls—which, if you’re anything like us, is very often!
Six ingredients and six simple steps are all it takes to make this Ricotta Pesto Eggplant Pizza. And did we mention you can make these personal-style pizza rounds in just a few minutes? Hearty eggplant is cut into eight, half-inch rounds and used as your pizza “crust.” Sprinkle each round with salt and pat dry to prep. Evenly arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic and pepper to pack in the flavor. Bake the rounds for just 15 minutes, remove, and flip. Top each round with a heaping spoonful of pesto, ricotta, and a few pieces of fig. Pop back in the oven and bake for another five to seven minutes. Drizzle each pizza with balsamic reduction and enjoy!
Two eggplant rounds count as one serving, and each serving clocks in at just 153 calories. So you get to enjoy two full pizzas—all while losing weight! On your Nutrisystem meal plan, two Ricotta Pesto Pizzas count as one-half a PowerFuel, one Vegetable and three Extras. And to keep your weight loss easy peasy, simply log each serving in the NuMi App. NuMi is our easy-to-use food tracker app that will ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals. Learn all about NuMi here >
Keep your Flex menu fresh and delicious with a few more of our favorite eggplant recipes:
- Sausage and Pepper Eggplant Pizza >
- Eggplant Margherita Pizza >
- Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Pizza >
- Easy Eggplant Bruschetta >
- Balsamic Eggplant Chips >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 153
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup pesto
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2-3 dried figs, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels, and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Top each slice with ~1 heaping tsp. of pesto, 1 Tbsp. of ricotta and a few pieces of fig.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.