Are you a dessert lover searching for a healthy alternative to fulfill your sweet cravings? Your quest ends here! We’re excited to share our mouthwatering recipe for healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies. These scrumptious cookies combine the irresistible, much-loved flavors of a traditional strawberry cheesecake with the convenience of a cookie, all while keeping the calorie count low and the nutritional value high.
Learn how to create these enticing treats that taste as good as they look, without compromising on health. Get ready to indulge in the heavenly mixture of juicy strawberries, creamy cheesecake filling, and a soft, chewy cookie base that will leave you wanting more. So, let’s dive into the world of guilt-free indulgence and learn how to bake these heavenly, nutritious Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies that are perfect for those seeking healthier dessert options!
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Want to make the tastiest Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies ever? Here’s how:
Start by preparing the smooth and decadent cheesecake filling. Simply whisk together light cream cheese and powdered sugar, then drop 12 equal-sized dollops of it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pop it in the freezer for at least an hour to firm up while you prepare the strawberry cookie dough.
This healthy, berrylicious cookie dough features simple and wholesome ingredients. Grab a bowl and your mixer and beat together light butter, unsweetened applesauce, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, whole wheat pastry flour and baking soda. Finally, fold in diced fresh strawberries to complete this sweet and tasty cookie dough.
Place 12 dollops of this yummy dough onto a lined baking sheet, then place one of the frozen cream cheese pieces in the center of each. Sandwich another spoonful of the cookie dough on top, seal it up, and place it in the fridge while you preheat the oven.
Bake these Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies at 350 degrees for 15 to 17 minutes. Once the edges are brown and the top is solid, let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely. Store these tasty treats in your fridge and enjoy!
Customize Your Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies: Exciting Ingredients to Elevate Your Treats
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are undeniably delicious on their own, but why not take them to the next level by experimenting with various ingredients? Here are some exciting additions you can incorporate into your cookies to make them even more scrumptious and personalized to your taste buds:
- Chocolate Chips – Adding semi-sweet or white chocolate chips to your cookie dough can introduce a delightful contrast of flavors that perfectly complements the fruity strawberries and creamy cheesecake filling.
- Nuts – Enhance the texture and taste of your cookies by incorporating nuts like almonds, pecans or walnuts. These crunchy PowerFuels provide an extra depth of flavor and a satisfying contrast to the soft cookie base.
- Lemon Zest – Brighten up your strawberry cheesecake cookies by adding a touch of lemon zest to the dough. The citrusy tang will accentuate the sweetness of the strawberries, creating a refreshing and well-balanced treat.
- Spices – Introduce a hint of warmth and depth to your cookies by incorporating spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. These aromatic ingredients will intensify the overall flavor profile and create a cozy, comforting vibe.
- Dried Fruits – For an interesting twist, consider adding dried fruits such as cranberries, cherries or apricots. These chewy morsels will add a pleasant tartness and a pop of color to your cookies, making them even more visually appealing.
- Oats – If you’d like to make your cookies more wholesome, try mixing in some rolled oats. This addition not only adds a chewy texture but also increases the fiber content, making your cookies even more nutritious.
- Cookie Drizzle – To elevate the presentation of your strawberry cheesecake cookies, drizzle them with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk or lemon juice. This final touch adds a touch of sweetness and a professional finish.
By incorporating these exciting ingredients, you can customize your strawberry cheesecake cookies and create unique, delectable treats that cater to your personal preferences. So go ahead and let your creativity flow in the kitchen, and enjoy the scrumptious results!
Pro Tip: Check out the Nutrisystem Grocery Guide to learn how to count these additions on your weight loss plan!
More Healthy Strawberry Recipes
It’s strawberry season! Celebrate with these other delicious strawberry recipes:
Servings: 12 (1 serving = 1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 182
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 3 Extras
- 6 oz. light cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter, softened
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup strawberries, diced small
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a whisk or a mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Place 12 equal-sized dollops of cream cheese onto the baking sheet. Freeze for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, beat the butter, applesauce and white sugar. Mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix until combined. The dough should be soft and may be sticky. It should not be crumbly.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop 12 heaping spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Place the frozen cream cheese filling in the center of each cookie. Take another spoonful of the cookie dough and place it on top of the cream cheese and seal.
- Refrigerate the cream cheese stuffed cookie dough balls while you preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown and the top is set.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.