Thai Eggplant PizzaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
Peanut butter on pizza? Uh, yes please! Part of the fun in living a healthy lifestyle is experimenting with new foods and new recipes. We love creating uniquely yummy foods using unlikely food combos— and that’s exactly how we came up with our Thai Eggplant “Pizza!”
As you daydream of all the delicious pizza recipes you can find right here on The Leaf, we recommend preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Add all the spicy peanut sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix well while the oven heats up. You’ll want every drop of peanut sauce to be just as spicy as the last! After you’ve sliced the eggplant into half-inch thick rounds (eight slices total), sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt and place it on a paper towel. Allow the eggplant to sit for about 10-15 minutes and pat it dry.
Arrange the eggplant slices on a nonstick baking sheet— make sure it’s a nonstick sheet to save you from a truly sticky situation later. Bake the eggplants for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and flip each slice over. Top each eggplant slice with peanut sauce, mozzarella cheese, chopped chicken, red pepper and green onion. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings as well to pack in even more flavor! Toss the baking sheet back into the oven for an additional five to seven minutes. Set eggplant pizzas aside to cool and top with cilantro.
And to ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss meal plan, simply keep track of all your meals with our state-of-the-art app, NuMi! NuMi is your one-stop spot to stay up-to-date on the latest diet tips and tricks while keeping track of your weight loss goals for you.
If Thai Eggplant Pizza doesn’t sound like your cup of Thai… err, tea, then be sure to check out these other pleasantly peculiar pizza recipes as well:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 146
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sambal oelek chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ large eggplant, sliced into ½” thick rounds (8 slices)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add ingredients for spicy peanut sauce to a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the eggplant with coarse salt, place on paper towels, and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry.
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a nonstick baking sheet. Mist with a nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip.
- Top each eggplant slice with ~1 tablespoon peanut sauce, 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped chicken, a few slices of red bell pepper and green onion.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.