If there’s one Nutrisystem menu item that should be a staple in your pantry, it’s our ready-to-go Tuna Salad. This perfectly seasoned lunchtime classic takes the meal prep out of your midday meal, so you can forget about opening cans, measuring ingredients, mixing and taste testing. Let Nutrisystem do the cooking for you with generous chunks of light tuna blended with mayonnaise, onions, pickles and water chestnuts. Of course, this lightened up Tuna Salad is delicious all on its own. However, wait until you try it piled high onto sourdough bread and covered in provolone cheese. This Open-Faced Tuna Melt recipe takes our popular Tuna Salad to the next level.
Clocking in at 120 calories and 13 grams of protein, this Nutrisystem lunch entree is sure to keep you satisfied until your next meal. But the thing that makes our Tuna Salad so great is that it’s so versatile. It’s your classic mayo-based tuna blend with a crunchy twist that is the perfect protein addition to many delicious and unique recipes right here on The Leaf. Use this tasty Tuna Salad as a flavorful salad topper or spread it onto celery sticks. Try it as a tuna salad dip with whole grain crackers or sliced veggies and dunk until your heart is content. You can even stuff it inside pita bread or a whole wheat tortilla like our nutrition expert does in this easy-to-follow recipe video for a Tasty Tuna Salad Wrap! >
Another favorite way to use up this popular menu item? Make a tasty Tuna Melt! It’s a simple and easy way to elevate a classic lunch sandwich recipe that doesn’t take much effort. Create the perfectly crispy, melty and flavorful sandwich in just two steps. We also took tip number one from our Seven Simple Ways to Make a Healthy Sandwich article and made this sandwich recipe open-faced. This will decrease the calorie and carb load and allow you to pile on the fresh veggies and other ingredients.
Get started with this Open-Faced Tuna Melt sandwich recipe by placing a slice of sourdough bread onto a baking sheet. Assemble your sandwich by piling the bread with your remaining ingredients. Start with a few slices of red onion followed by your Nutrisystem Tuna Salad, one tomato slice and finally a slice of reduced fat provolone cheese. Place it into the oven and broil for just a few minutes until you put the “melt” in “tuna melt.” Once the cheese has melted, remove the Tuna Melt from the oven. Top it with your favorite non-starchy vegetables, a few sprinkles of spices and dig in!
One serving of this Open-Faced Nutrisystem Tuna Melt contains 293 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two PowerFuels your Nutrisystem weight loss program. If you have trouble keeping track of what you’ve eaten throughout the day, consider starting your own personal food journal. You can use an old notebook, create a note in your smart phone or download a free food tracking app like NuMi. The NuMi app is a reliable way to follow your Nutrisystem plan and fits conveniently into your busy schedule. Tap here to quickly log this recipe into your NuMi journal. >
If you still have questions about PowerFuels, SmartCarbs and other grocery additions on your Nutrisystem program, you’ve come to the right place! The Leaf is your go-to weight loss blog for meal plan resources, healthy recipes and fitness tips. Explore each section of the site and gather important information to keep you healthy and fit throughout your journey. The handy search feature allows you to easily search for specific topics, terms and recipes across the blog. Check out the link below for a super helpful article that explains PowerFuels and SmartCarbs in more detail:
Are you looking for more creative ways to cook up and transform your Nutrisystem meals? Make sure to check out our Tasty Takes on Nutrisystem Foods recipe section! This is a great place to go when you’re getting a little bored with your menu and need some inspiration. Check out some of our favorite Nutri-food transformations below!:
- Melted NutriChocolates add rich decadence to your morning meal. Whip up these sweet Chocolate Strawberry Waffles >
- Make a stuffed peppers dinner in a snap with our Meatballs and Marinara Sauce. Try our recipe for Meatball Stuffed Peppers >
- Use your Vanilla Nutrisystem Protein and Probiotic Shake Mix to make a grab-and-go snack! Check out these Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars >
- Crumble your Lemon Cooler Cookie into a fruity frozen dessert. Blend together this Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream Sundae >
- Put together a guilty pleasure and carnival classic that’s weight loss approved. Use our Chili with Beans to make Loaded Chili Cheese Fries >
- Create crispy risotto balls with our ready-to-go Mushroom Risotto. Try out our recipe for Guilt-Free Arancini >
- Turn our White Cheddar Mac and Cheese into a handheld treat. Bake these portable 4-Ingredient Broccoli Bacon Mac and Cheese Cups >
- Pizza and cheeseburgers unite in a hearty sandwich featuring our Hamburger. Enjoy this easy, cheesy Nutrisystem Pizza Burger >
Have you come up with a new way to prepare your favorite Nutrisystem meals? Please share! We always love to hear about our members ideas and see what they’re cooking up at home. If you’ve created your own unique recipe, make sure to share it with us through our Recipe Submission page. This will give you the chance to have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Submit your tasty creations here. >
While our Tuna Salad is a top customer pick, there are some other really great pantry-friendly lunches that you may want to stock up on from the Nutrisystem menu. Our Garlic Cheese Flatbread, White Cheddar Mac and Cheese and White Bean Chicken Chili are all shelf-stable meals that are convenient and delicious. On the go with no time to sit down and eat? You’ll love our perfectly portioned lunch bars that are packed with protein and fiber to keep you satisfied. Stock up on our Strawberry Yogurt Flavored Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar and Fudge Graham Bar.
Get healthy and delicious food sent straight to your door with the Nutrisystem meal delivery service! Click here to learn more about our programs. >
Calories per Serving: 293
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 PowerFuels
- 1 slice multigrain sourdough bread
- 1 package Nutrisystem® Tuna Salad
- 1 tomato slice
- 2-3 slices of red onion
- 1 slice provolone cheese, reduced fat
- Assemble the tuna melt in the following order: Bread, onions, tuna salad, tomato slice and provolone cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese has melted.