There’s just something about adding goat cheese to a meal that ups its fancy factor. Maybe that’s why Nutrisystem nutrition expert Kristen Flynn calls this lunch, which transforms a standard turkey wrap using crunchy veggies, basil paste and tangy goat cheese, one of her favorites.
Since this elegant entree counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem diet plan, it makes for a perfect flex lunch for women. Men can double up on the cheese and turkey, and add a quarter cup of dried cranberries to it make a male-friendly flex lunch.
If you enjoyed this delicious wrap, then try our Tasty Tuna Salad Wrap for another lunchtime suggestion.
This is not your typical wrap. This has a little bit of fanciness to it. We’ve got turkey, we have goat cheese, there’s some basil paste, peppers, spinach, it’s a little bit different. You’re going to start by spreading the basil paste right along your wrap. Next, you’re going to sprinkle your peppers, your spinach, your turkey lunch meat, and then finally your goat cheese. You can just kind of sprinkle that right on. Fold it over, and you have your simple, easy and tasty lunch ready to bring with you. Not your typical peanut butter and jelly. Share your favorite Nutrisystem recipes with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For Nutrisystem, I’m Kristen Flynn.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 oz. turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1, 100-calorie whole wheat tortilla
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup yellow peppers strips
- ½ tablespoon basil paste
- Spread basil paste on whole wheat tortilla.
- Add spinach and peppers to center of the wrap.
- Add the turkey breast slices and top with goat cheese.
- Wrap one end of tortilla to the other side, stopping halfway to fold center of wrap up to keep ingredients secure.