Just when we thought the Nutrisystem Yellow Rice and Black Beans lunch couldn’t get any tastier, Nutrisystem’s own weight loss expert Kristen Flynn found a way! This Turkey Tex-Mex Black Beans & Rice meal is totally tasty and super simple to make.
Looking for other healthy Mexican recipes? Try these 20 Diet-Friendly Mexican Recipes!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Lunch, 1 PowerFuel, 1/2 Vegetable and 1 Extra (Add a SmartCarb if using corn)
- 1 package Nutrisystem Yellow Rice And Black Beans
- 3 oz. raw lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ cup yellow corn (optional)
- Place oil and onions in sauce pan on low heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to pan, stirring on medium heat until fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- If using corn, add it to the pan and let it cook until it is heated through.
- Prepare Yellow Rice And Black Beans according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix black beans and rice, ground turkey, cilantro and cumin then mix thoroughly.