Savory Brussels Sprouts with AppleRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
With fall officially here, are you finding yourself tempted by the season’s calorie-dense comfort food? Bring this delicious dish to your fall get-togethers and enjoy the season’s finest flavors without any of the guilt! Healthy hint: Brussel sprouts aren’t just delicious and easy to cook, they’re also really good for you! They’re a good source of phytonutrients, which can have antioxidant benefits, and they also provide vitamin C, folate and fiber.
One serving of these Savory Brussels Sprouts with Apple counts as one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Pair your savory Brussels with a hearty main course like our Filet Mignon with Mushroom Cream Sauce! >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced thyme
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine apple and sprouts in large bowl then add apple cider, olive oil, fresh thyme and desired seasonings. Toss thoroughly.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until sprouts are roasted.
- I love Brussels sprouts and one of my favorite ways to prepare them for fall is with roasted apple. To start, we will need about one large apple so that we can get a cup diced. Then we’re going to add the apple to a bowl, along with about a cup of your halved brussel sprouts. Then you’ll add an apple cider vinegar to the bowl along with a pinch of fresh thyme, a little bit of olive oil and then salt and pepper to taste. Then we’re going to toss all the ingredients together so they’re well mixed and the seasonings are spread throughout. And then we’re going to add the mixture to a baking sheet. We’re just going to put the Brussels sprouts in the oven for about 25 minutes or so at 375. It looks beautiful when it comes out of the oven. Today, we paired it with the Nutrisystem Salsbury steak with mac and cheese to make that, take the entrée out of the box and then cut two one inch slits in the film. Put it in the microwave on high for about 3 and a half minutes. Then remove the film and stir the mac and cheese. Put in back in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes. And then just let it stand in the microwave for about another minute. Share your veggie sexy Nutrisystem recipes with us on Facebook and Twitter. For Nutrisystem, I’m Deanna Otranto.