Filet mignon is the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. However, it’s typically prepared with a variety of unhealthy, high fat ingredients. This can create the perfect storm for total diet destruction. Classic French cuisine gets a healthy makeover in this lightened up alternative prepared with light butter, low sodium beef broth and fat free half and half.
Topped with a creamy medley of mushrooms and onions, this elegant dinner is low in carbs and packed with protein. Serve up this impressive dish with a side that’s just as fancy! Grilled asparagus, roasted green beans or roasted baby potatoes would be the perfect addition to your plate. Make your family this magnificent meal to turn any ordinary evening into an extravagant affair.
One serving of this Filet Mignon with Mushroom Cream Sauce contains 433 calories and counts as two PowerFuels, three Extras and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. Keep track of this hearty steak dinner with a little help from the NuMi app! Easily log your Flex meals and keep track of your water and exercise throughout your journey. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Looking for more beefy recipes for your weight loss menu? Check out these other Nutrisystem-approved ideas:
- Marinated Steak Kebabs >
- Simple Steak Fajitas >
- Steak Stir Fry with Grilled Peppers and Onions >
- Skinny Cheese Steak Sandwich >
- Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff >
- Beefy Mac and Cheese >
We know you’re busy and that cooking healthy dinners every night is hard. That’s why Nutrisystem makes nutritious meals for weight loss that are conveniently delivered right to your door! Stock up on easy steak dinners, such as our Homestyle Beef and Vegetables and Salisbury Steak with Mac & Cheese.
Lose weight and get healthy with a simple four-week meal plan! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Calories per Serving: 433
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 3 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 2-5 oz. filet mignon steaks, lean
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cup beef broth, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. half and half, fat free
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate. Wipe skillet clean.
- Pat steaks dry and season them with black pepper.
- Heat remaining butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add steaks to skillet. Cook 3-6 minutes per side or until steak reaches desired doneness (145°F minimum). Remove steaks from pan.
- Add ½ cup of broth to the skillet and deglaze the pan. Pour in remaining broth and half and half.
- Return mushrooms and steaks to the skillet and heat until warm.
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes and green beans.