4-Ingredient Air Fryer Cinnamon Churro Pasta ChipsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Check out this tasty twist on the trendy air fryer pasta chips! Our sweet version of this viral TikTok recipe features a buttery, cinnamon sugar flavor that will remind you of freshly made churros. Try these 4-Ingredient Air Fryer Cinnamon Churro Pasta Chips for a portable, crunchy snack that’s decadent, delicious and diet-friendly!
We already created a savory version of this popular recipe. If you haven’t tried it yet, check it out here! > This Air Fryer Protein Pasta Chips recipe was inspired by the viral TikTok pasta chips video posted by @bostonfoodgram. According to the Today Show, the recipe was posted on TikTok back in April and the hashtag #PastaChips now has over 361 million views on the app.
This time, we’re making things sweet with a little sugar and a little cinnamon spice. All you need is four ingredients to make this healthy snack! We use whole wheat pasta to add some fiber and to keep this recipe Nutrisystem-approved. Feel free to pick your favorite pasta shape. We used rotini because they remind us of a certain cinnamon twist dessert from a popular fast food restaurant. However, you can use any type of noodle that you enjoy! Instead of regular butter, we also cut down on the fat by using light butter.
After you boil your whole wheat pasta until it’s al dente, toss it with the light butter and a combination of cinnamon and sugar. Place the pasta into a greased air fryer preheated to 400 degrees. Cook the cinnamon pasta chips for five minutes, then flip and cook for another two to three minutes. Transfer the cinnamon pasta twists to a serving plate to cool down before you sprinkle them with more cinnamon and sugar.
This cinnamon pasta chips recipe makes four servings. One serving contains just 176 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it into your NuMi food journal as one SmartCarb and two Extras.
Healthy Hacks: If you have another Extra to spare for the day, we have some tasty tips to help you pump up the flavor in these cinnamon pasta twists. Try melting some stevia-sweetened chocolate and drizzle them on top of the chips. Better yet, dip the chips in the melted chocolate! Some low-fat whipped topping with a little cinnamon mixed in would also be a delicious dip for this easy air fryer snack recipe.
If you loved this cinnamon snack, we think you’ll enjoy these other healthy recipes:
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Nachos >
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple >
- 3-Step Cinnamon Pecan Cookies >
- Cinnamon Banana Protein Popsicles >
- Cinnamon Protein Mug Cake >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta, dry
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Heat pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Return pasta to the pot and add butter and ¾ of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add pasta to greased air fryer preheated to 400°F. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate to cool. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.