Air Fryer Protein Pasta ChipsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Your pasta dinner has transformed into a protein-packed snack! Learn how to make Air Fryer Pasta Chips, the latest TikTok recipe trend. We’ve made the popular appetizer recipe a little healthier with high-protein pasta and a tasty topping, all perfectly portioned for weight loss.
Packed with protein and fabulous flavor, this Air Fryer Protein Pasta Chips recipe was inspired by the viral TikTok pasta chip video posted by @bostonfoodgram. According to the Today Show, the recipe was posted on TikTok back in April and the hashtag #PastaChips now has over 361 million views on the app.
In our version of this tasty snack, crunchy fried pasta chips are covered in a savory blend of olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. We start by boiling two cups of a high-protein pasta until it’s al dente. Be careful not to overcook it: you will be cooking it longer in the air fryer and you don’t want it to get mushy. We love using the popular chickpea pasta brand Banza, but any higher protein noodle will work.
Once your pasta is al dente, drain it and put it back into the pot. Stir in one tablespoon of olive oil, two and a half tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, one teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of oregano and a sprinkle of black pepper. Pour the pasta mixture into a greased air fryer preheated to 400 degrees. Cook for five minutes, flip the pasta chips, then cook for another two to three minutes. Once your pasta chips are done “frying” to perfection, transfer them to a serving plate to cool down and top them with a half-tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
Serve these Air Fryer Protein Pasta Chips with a delicious dipping sauce! They would be perfect with marinara sauce, pesto sauce or alfredo sauce. Just be sure to keep track of any sauces you eat by logging this recipe in your NuMi app journal.
You can also switch up the toppings and spices that you add. Make buffalo pasta chips with hot sauce and blue cheese. Try healthier versions of your favorite potato chip flavors, like salt and vinegar, barbecue or sea salt. Pump up the heat with some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. Other tasty spices to try are smoked paprika, cumin and onion powder.
Try different pasta shapes to find your favorite! Many recipes make air fryer bowtie pasta chips but you can also try this recipe with rotini, penne, shells, ziti or even lasagna sheets.
One serving of our healthy Air Fryer Protein Pasta Chips contains 239 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log them as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Extra in the NuMi app.
Enjoy fried food made healthier in your air fryer! Check out some of our top air fryer recipes below. If you’ve come up with your own recipe, make sure to submit it on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf!
- Air Fryer French Fries >
- Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks >
- Air Fried Pickles >
- Air Fryer Onion Rings >
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes >
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots >
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Drumsticks >
- Air Fryer Jicama Fries >
Want to lose weight while enjoying all of your favorite pasta dinners? Try Nutrisystem meal delivery today! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 239
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 cups high protein pasta, dry (such as Banza chickpea pasta)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Return pasta to pot and stir in olive oil, 2 ½ tablespoons of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper.
- Add pasta mixture to a greased air fryer preheated to 400°F. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer pasta chips to a plate to cool. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.