Whip up classic comfort food in a snap! While most beef stew recipes take hours to cook, our healthy version comes together in an instant… an Instant Pot that is!
In less than an hour, you’ll be digging into a bowl full of tender veggies, hearty beef and savory broth. It’s the perfect dish to warm you up this winter season. The best part about it? It fits perfectly into your Nutrisystem plan, clocking in at 332 calories per serving. You can log it into your NuMi app journal as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb, one Vegetable and one Extra.
Healthy Hacks: Turn this healthy beef stew into a delicious and nutritious chicken stew! You can easily swap in baked or shredded chicken for a simple and savory alternative. Both beef and chicken count as one PowerFuel on the Nutrisystem program.
Here at Nutrisystem, we LOVE Instant Pots. They cook up healthy meals quickly and with little mess. Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your one-stop spot! Check out the nutritious and delicious Instant Pot recipes below:
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto >
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake >
No time for cooking? No problem! Let Nutrisystem do the cooking for you. Our Hearty Beef Stew is pantry-friendly, perfectly-portioned and ready to enjoy in minutes. Chunks of tender beef, potatoes, carrots and peas are simmered to perfection in this classic comfort food meal. Click here to stock up on this customer favorite! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 332
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable & 1 Extra
- 1 lb. lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- ¾ cup green peas
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Once hot, add olive oil. Add meat and season with pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook meat until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add broth and scrape up any brown bits.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potato, parsnip and tomato paste.
- Add in beef and bay leaves.
- Top Instant Pot with lid and set to seal. Cook manual for 35 minutes. Let it naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release.
- Add in green peas and stir.
- Mix cornstarch and water into a slurry.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté and pour in the cornstarch slurry. Stir mixture until thickened.