Do you need a grab-n-go meal to fit your busy schedule? Start your day with our high-protein Broccoli Cheese Breakfast Muffins!
With the seasons changing and schedules getting busier, you need a quick and easy meal to grab as you are running out of the house. These muffins will be your new go-to breakfast! Broccoli and cheese are a classic combination. We’ve paired these two together to create a super simple broccoli cheddar muffin to fuel your morning. Feel free to bake these ahead and keep them in the fridge in order to have them ready for the week.
To get started, preheat your oven to 375°F. Put steamed broccoli florets into a food processor and process them into fine chunks. In a large bowl, mix together the broccoli with reduced fat cheddar cheese, an egg, skim milk, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, melted lite margarine and black pepper until they are well combined. Pour this cheesy broccoli mixture into a muffin pan prepped with a nonstick spray, making eight muffins total. Bake them for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy your ready-to-go breakfast!
One serving of these tasty muffins is 247 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem plan. While you are on-the-go, quickly log your meals in our NuMi app! NuMi is an easy-to-use tracking tool designed to help you be successful. Get started with your free NuMi account here >
Is broccoli and cheese one of your favorite combos? Find more diet-friendly recipes below!:
- Super Cheesy Broccoli Fritters >
- Breakfast Quesadilla with Broccoli and Cheddar >
- Cheese Sauce Smothered Broccoli >
- Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Loaded Potato Crust >
- Quick Roasted Parmesan Broccoli >
Need more grab-n-go breakfasts? We’ve got you covered! Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today! >i
Servings: 4 (2 muffins = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 247
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. lite margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Place broccoli florets in a food processor and process into fine chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into muffin pan, making 8 muffins total. Bake for 20 minutes.